Standard Terms & Conditions of Sale
1. EXCLUSIVE TERMS – The offer is expressly conditioned upon Buyer’s acceptance of the all the terms and conditions contained herein. The Agreement formed by Buyer’s acceptance of the offer and these terms and conditions is the exclusive contract between Buyer and Seller and may not be altered or amended, nor its terms waived, except in writing, signed by an authorized representative of the party to be bound thereby. Acceptance or acknowledgment of purchase order forms or other similar forms containing provisions different from, or deletions or additions to, the terms of this Agreement are here by rejected and shall not be binding on Seller. Buyer shall not assign its rights or delegate its duties under this Agreement, in whole or in part, without prior written consent of Seller. Specific terms in Seller’s offer shall prevail to the extent they conflict with terms below. The offer is subject to change without notice until actual recipt of its acceptance.
2. PRICE – Quoted prices are based upon present taxes (other than sales taxes), freight rates, United States Tariff classifications and import duties. Buyer shall pay any increased costs resulting from such changes or from Buyer’s selection of means of transportation. Buyer shall reimburse Seller for all taxes or other charges by any national, state, or municipal government upon the sale, use, production, or transportation of Product which Seller is required to pay.
3. PRICE ADJUSTMENTS – Seller must pay Product prices at any time. Buyer may suspend orders immediately upon notice of a price increase. In the event price protection is stated in a written agreement between the parties, Seller may temporarily suspend such Product’s price protection in extraordinary market conditions as determined by Seller in its discretion. Seller shall reinstate the Product’s price protection upon Seller’s determination that the market condition for the Product is no longer extraordinary.
4. PAYMENT – Payment terms are net 30 days from date of invoice. Past due balances are subject to a late payment charge of 1-1/2 % per month, or the maximum amount permitted by applicable law, whichever is less. Buyer shall pay all charges, costs and legal fees incurred in collecting amounts owed.
5. CONTAINERS – Seller retains ownership of all returnable containers. Buyer may use the containers only for the storage of original contents. Buyer shall return the containersto Seller empty and in good condition within 90 days from the date of delivery. Buyer shall pay a deposit on all returnable containers. Seller shall credit the deposit, less handling fee, to Buyer’s account if Buyer returns the containers F.O.B. Seller’s return point in good condition within 90 days. If not returned within 90 days, Seller may reject the containers and retain the full amount of the deposit.
6. TITLE AND RISK OF LOSS – Title and risk of loss for Products transfers to Buyer at Seller’s shipping point, unless Products are shipped in Seller’s vehicles, in which case title and risk of loss transfers to Buyer when the vehicle first enters Buyer’s property. Where applicable Buyer shall unload deliveries within 12 hours, and railroad tank cars within 48 hours (Sundays and holidays excepted).
7. MEET OR RELEASE – If during the period covered by this Agreement, Buyer receives a bona fide offer to purchase Product qualifying as US origin goods under NAFTA of equal quality and quantity on the same terms and conditions as those herein, and Buyer has provided Seller with written evidence satisfactory to Seller of such offer, Seller will either: (i) meet such other offer during the time in which it continues, or (ii) permit Buyer to purchase the Product from such seller during such time and deduct the quantities purchased pursuant to such other offer from the quantity specified on the face thereof.
8. WARRANTY – Seller warrants that Seller branded Products conform to Seller’s published specifications at the time of delivery. Seller warrants that services provided by Seller will be consistent with Seller’s standard specifications or, if none, with Seller’s standard practices. Buyer acknowledges that Seller acts as a distributor for Products not branded by Seller (Resale Products) and that matters relating to the quality of the Products are not within Seller’s control. Accordingly, SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER CONCERNING RESALE PRODUCTS. THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES ARE IN LIEU OF AND EXCLUDE ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. SELLER EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY.
9. REMEDIES – Seller’s liability for nonconforming Products is exclusively limited, at Seller’s option, to replacement of the defective Products or refund of the purchase price of such Products. Seller’s liability for any defective or negligent service is limited to Seller re-performing the service or a refund of an amount not to exceed the original amount paid for the service, or, if the services were provided free of charge, to pay an amount not to exceed the amount paid for the Products to which the serices related in the 12 months prior to the event of the liability.
10. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY – IN NO EVENT WILL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES FROM ANY CAUSE OR FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER THE CLAIM ARISES FROM ACTUAL OR ALLEGED BREACH OF WARRANTY, INDEMNIFICATION, BREACH OF CONTRACT, PRODUCT LIABILITY, CONTRIBUTION OR ANY LEGAL THEORY AND IN NO EVENT WILL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS, COSTS OR LOSSES NOT ASSOCIATED WITH DIRECT PHYSICAL DAMAGE TO PROPERTY FOR ANY CLAIMS MADE UNDER OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER’S LIABILITY EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCTS THAT ARE THE SUBJECT OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY CLAIMS MADE UNDER OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT.
11. INDEMNITY – Buyer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold Seller, its officers, directors, agents, and employees harmless from all claims, demands, actions and causes of action relating to personal injury or property damage to third parties, including attorney’s fees and actual costs (“Claims”) incurred as a result thereof, to the extent of its negligence or arising after delivery of the Products to Buyer. Seller agrees to defend, indemnify and hold Buyer, it’s officers, directors, agents, and employees harmless from Claims to the extent of its negligence.
12. CLAIMS – Any claim for shortage or non-conforming Products must be made in writing to Seller within 30 days after Buyer’s receipt of the Product. Any claim for non-delivery of Product must be made within 30 days after the date upon which the Product was to be delivered. As to any claim not reasonably discoverable within such 30 day period (including claims discoverable only in processing, further manufacture, other use or resale), such claim must be in writing and received by Seller within 180 days after Buyer’s receipt of the Products. Failure of Seller to receive written notice of any such claim within the applicable time period shall be deemed an absolute and unconditional waiver by Buyer of such claim. Products may not be returned without Seller’s permission and transportation for return will not be paid by Seller unless authorized in advance. Amounts owing to or payable by either party under this Agreement shall be deemed fully reconciled on the first anniversary of the final delivery under this agreement, and any outstanding rights of either party to recieve overpayments or underpayments including rights to unclaimed credits or refunds shall expire on such date.
13. FORCE MAJURE – Seller is not liable for nonperformance or delay in performance caused by circumstances beyond Seller’s control (“Force Majure Event”). A Force Majure Event includes, without limitation, (a) acts of God, war, riots, fire, explosions, floods, strikes, lockouts, injunctions, accidents, Product short supply, unforeseen shutdown of major sources of supply, breakage of machines or apparatus, or national emergency, (b) Seller’s inability to obtain at prices Seller deems in its discretion to be commercially reasonable, the Product, fuel, power, raw materials, labor, containers or transportation facilities, (c) the occurrence of any unforeseeable contingency making performance impracticable, or (d) compliance in good faith with any applicable governmental statute, regulation, or order. Any delivery so suspended shall be cancelled without liability, but this Agreement shall otherwise remain unaffected. This section does not apply to payment obligations.
14. QUANTITY – Seller is not obligated to deliver in any month more than a proportionate part of the maximum quantity specified, determined by dividing such maximum quantity by the total number of months included in the period of this Agreement. When in the opinion of the Seller there is a period of shortage of supply of said products for any reason, Seller may allocate its available supply among any or all of its various customers upon such basis as it shall deem fair and practicable, with no liability on its part for failure to deliver the quantity or any portion therein specified.
15. PRODUCT STEWARDSHIP – Buyer agrees that Products will be used, handled, stored, transported and disposed of in such a manner as is necessary for the safety and protection of persons, property, and the environment, and in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations and applicable laws and regulations. Buyer agrees to instruct its employees with respect to, and to make certain they know and understand, procedures necessary to enable them to comply with the requirements set forth herein and make certain they are adequately trained in the use, handling, storage, transportation and disposition of the Products. Buyer further agrees to deliver the most recent edition of Product literature, including SDSs, to its employees and customers and to maintain a written record of such deliveries. Buyer shall only sell to those who can handle, use, store, transport and dispose of Products safely.
16. TERM & TERMINATION – The Term is for the period stated in the Agreement, or, if none, continues until terminated by either party on 30 days written notice. This Agreement and any order or delivery may be terminated or suspended (a) by either party if any proceeding under bankruptcy is brought by or against he party, (b) by a party if the other party defaults in its material obligations and such default is not cured within a resonable time if such default is curable, or (c) by Seller if it has reason to doubt the ability or willingness of Buyer to pay for the Products.
17. ARBITRATION – The parties will submit any dispute related to this Agreement to arbitration in Stafford, Texas before one arbitrator under the American Arbitration Association’s Commercial Arbitration Rules. A party may seek interim relief from any court having jurisdiction without waiving any remedy under this Agreement. The arbitrator may not award punitive damages or other damages not measured by actual damages, or limit, expand or otherwise modify the terms of this Agreement. A party may enter a judgment on an award in any court having jurisdiction. The prevailing party is entitled to an award of reasonable attorney fees. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the state of Texas.